In the past two months I’ve:
– moved apartments
– was let go from my job
– completed my 1st 1/2 marathon
– joined an outdoor league with my soccer team
– dealt with shin splints, groin strain, hip flexor silliness, IT Band issues & hip pain …. but not a stress fracture
– did early morning runs in Central Park
– ran a 5k on my birthday (in which I was 1st, last & only place since it was my solo birthday 5k).
– had plenty of brunches
– tried plenty of new coffee shops
– went to Hoboken for the 1st time
– exercised some serious self-control in not visiting 16 handles daily despite being closer to it
– put to use the fact that I’m now closer to Target …. but made do with the fact that I’m now further from a Trader Joe’s.
– finally used an oven (it’s only been about 2 years) and have worked on more “real” dinners.
– raised money for Team for Kids (only just begun!)
– started practicing yoga 5 day / week
– baked! (happening.right.now. vitalious chocolate muffin tops in the oven hopefully not sticking/not burning / rising … all that usual stuff)
– signed up for my 2nd Girls on the Run 5K
– volunteered / will be volunteering at some kids activities with Urban Girl Squad
– met with a nutritionist … and started food journaling again. Sort of.
– learned how many supporters I have, even if it’s easy to forget … and there’s quite a few!
– donated over 100 items … and got rid of almost as much
– played decorator, handyman & dyi-er … I think I’m most efficient at handyman.
– met new friends, connected with old ones and made fun dates with current ones.
I smell the chocolate tops….that mean it has to come out just as good right?!
– focused on my health … the specifics and the general.
– took a break from my magazine addiction
– started reading books….from the library
– got on the Tone It Up bandwagon (sort of)
– spent time with family
they didn’t burn! off to go see how they taste (I mean I couldn’t have screwed up a prepackaged mix that badly could I?)